Topband: Vertical by house

To: TopBand <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Vertical by house
From: deuhs@earthlink.net
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 18:14:42 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Hi all,

This topic probably has come up before but really couldn't find an answer in
the archives. I moved QTH to a 1.5 acre wooded lot. The downside is that the
woods are so thick the only place to put my 160/80 meter vertical is somewhere
near the house, somewhere around 20 feet away. My house is a 2.5 story, wood
sided affair. The better of the two spots is located in the SW corner of the
yard with EU right through the main house.  The other is not as desirable from
a cosmetic standpoint but in the NW side of the lot near the garage with a
clear shot towards EU, but close to my in-the-works higher band 64' tower. Any
thoughts between the best of two evils? BTW, my last location kicked butt on
the low bands and I had a 360 degree clear field for my entire radial feild, so
I was probably spoiled. OTOH, this QTH is very quiet and all of the
neighborhood is on buried utilities and large lots.

TIA,
Greg
K0PJ/9
Oshkosh, home of EAA