Re: Topband: frustration

To: "G B" <microsys@alltel.net>, "TopBand" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: frustration
From: "Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH)" <w5uc@suddenlink.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:26:30 -0500
At 07:30 AM 10/29/2007, G B wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Well with CQ WW behind us, very slim pickings for a barefoot guy.
>
>I called and called two S9 plus Caribbean stations, and they did not
>even say QRZ(?).

Glen, I have noticed in recent weeks, that from here in East Texas,
Europe & Africa are easier to work than the Caribbean.  I'm not smart
enough to understand why, but don't give up. The season is young and
you WILL work some good DX as we get deeper into winter.  I'm still
wishing & waiting for the leaves to fall.  Keep the faith.

73,
Mike, W5UC

"age & treachery will overcome youth & skill"
http://www.suddenlink.net/pages/w5uc/