Re: Topband: 80/160 trap vertical

To: wa5pok@peoplepc.com, topband@contesting.com, Gedking@aol.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 80/160 trap vertical
From: wa5pok@peoplepc.com
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:39:29 -0600

 make a 160 inverted L and operate it also as a 1/2 wave vertical??

Hi Ed,

That thought has crossed my mind and sort of tried it once. I
replaced the coax with open wire line and used a balanced tuner,
Rich Measures design (QST Feb 1990). It worked FB on 30, 40,
and 80 but I couldn't even buy a Q on 160. Reattached the coax and
it performed as it should on 160. Maybe someone on the list could
explain that one for me. The openwire line was about 80 feet long.

Thanks for reminding and in the future I would like to try a remote
system of matching the feed point to other bands. This will be a
good project when school is out.

73, Mike WA5POK