Re: Topband: Thanks for the memories: the glory days of 160

To: TopBand Reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Thanks for the memories: the glory days of 160
From: Doug Mein <mein.doug@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 22:19:37 -0400
Thanks to Bob, W7RH for sharing the memories of the "glory days" of
160!! I am also grateful for the memories contributed by Price, W0RI and
Bob, VE7BS. I am a new subscriber to this reflector and I found your
memoirs to be extremely interesting. Having recently retired and moved
back to my home area a few months ago, I will FINALLY have the time and
real estate to put up a decent antenna to work Top Band. Having read the
books by ON4UN and K1ZM, I can hardly wait to finally get a taste of
DXing on 160 and become am active and hopefully respected member of "The
Gentlemen's Band". I have been a radio amateur for almost 40 years but I
have never operated on 160! I hope to be QRV sometime in September or
October with the help of at least an Inverted L or possibly a ZeroFive
64 ft. vertical. for 80 and 160. Does anyone have any experience with
the latter (pro or con)?

Finally, I hope that all Americans on this reflector are enjoying great
Independence Day celebrations today!!

Vy 73 de Doug, VA3DM