Re: Topband: CQ 160 weird ideas

To: "Tree" <tree@kkn.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: CQ 160 weird ideas
From: "kl7ra" <kl7ra@ptialaska.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:59:02 -0500
>I am thinking of perhaps trying to work some of the contest in SPLIT mode.
>Perhaps I can transmit up near 1900 kHz - away from QRM and listen somewhere
>in the 1810-1850 kHz "window".

>Thoughts?

>Tree N6TR
>Boring, OR

My first thought is the Europe stations hearing Europe calling on your
receive freq but can't hear you and of course a few might try calling
anyway.

When the band is really crowded going split "up 1" seems rude unless
you are rare but being split really works well as all the stations can hear
you for each QSO as we all know and the rate zooms up. Being above
1900 would be the solution but losing the receive freq often and few
Europe tuning above 1900 to find you might be the downside.

My second thought is this works so well everyone starts doing it and
topband turns into a split band like 75 meter SSB did this past year.
The tradeoff is rate vs the second freq ownership problem.

73 Rich KL7RA
Nikiski, AK