Re: Topband: No DX Window in 2009 CQ 160

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: No DX Window in 2009 CQ 160
From: "Kenneth D. Grimm, K4XL" <grimm@sbc.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 19:26:13 -0500
Bill Tippett wrote:
>          Regarding DX windows, please note in the new
> CQ 160 rules below, THERE IS NO DX WINDOW.  I hope all QRG
> police will read the rules before they start anonymously
> sending "WINDOW" on top of stations.  I personally feel
> this was a very good move because the previous window
> was abused by stations in NA and EU working all comers,
> whether they were intercontinental or not.  Unless the
> contest sponsor was willing to delete intra-continental
> QSOs in the window (i.e. NA>NA or EU>EU), the abuse was
> very likely to continue and benefit only those who chose
> to break the intercontinental aspect of the old rule.
>
>                                  73,  Bill  W4ZV
>
> 2009 CQ 160 Rules:
>
> http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/160_Rules_2009.pdf

The only thing wrong with DX Window protection was that no one was
willing and/or empowered to enforce the rule.  I'm no contester, but to
me this is akin to making larceny legal because people steal stuff.

Ken K4XL
k4xl@arrl.net

*** BoatAnchor Manual Archive ***
On the web at http://bama.sbc.edu and http://bama.edebris.com
FTP site info: bama.sbc.edu login: anonymous p/w: youremailadr