Topband: Running an Inv L to top of tower

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Running an Inv L to top of tower
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 22:05:51 -0600
Since I am limited for tower height (30 feet) I am thinking of installing a 20
meter mast at the top of my tower and then running a
wire from the bottom of the tower to the top of the mast out from the tower
about 10 feet (inverted L style) and then across from
the top of the mast about 50 feet to top of a 30 foot fiberglass extendable
pole on which I have mounted at the present time an 80
meter inverted V with the apex at the top of the pole.

I would mount the wire just below the apex of the 80 meter inv V.

My question is (I have seen this done on some web pages):

Can I mount my three element tribander (to make room for the L at the top) to
the side of the tower with the tower in between some
of the elements?

I have seen this done on some web pages where people have stacked beams along
the length of the tower and then rotated the tower
instead of using a standard rotor, just not sure if it can be done without
affecting the beam characteristics or the L's
characteristics.

   73 fer nw es gud DX,
QSL VIA: LotW, BUR, e-QSL
Bob AD5VJ
http://www.ad5vj.com/
Old Calls WB5ZQU, WY5L/KH3, KE5CTY, N5IET