Re: Topband: down hill slope for a beverage

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: down hill slope for a beverage
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 08:32:03 -0700
On Fri, 22 May 2009 16:07:31 -0400, KL7RA wrote:

>During the normal Dayton hallway chatter someone mentioned that a
>beverage running down a hill towards the target area worked better
>or just as well as his beverage running in a flat field.

I can not provide a comparison, simply because my Beverages run up
and down ravines, and terminate into the side of upslopes. I'd
estimate the elevation change at 40-50 ft. For both beverages, both
ends are high points. They are reversibles, average height about 7
ft (to clear the deer), approximately follow the slope of the
ground, use DXE hardware, and work fine in both directions. They are
500 ft and 550 ft long. I find them useful as high as 20M!

73,

Jim K9YC