Re: Topband: down hill slope for a beverage

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: down hill slope for a beverage
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 16:09:58 -0400
From: "KL7RA" <kl7ra@ptialaska.net>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 12:20:42 -0400

First reports from direct e-mail indicate mixed results which I guess
should be expected as everyone has different terrain, ground and
construction techniques.

There was no overwhelming response that going downhill was a
lot better then flat but some thought so. Many report uphill was not
as good in reversible systems. Many mention going up and down
over gullies works as to be expected. Many do not have enough
flat land so there are a lot of beverages hearing DX signals but not
built by the book.

Beverages have been around awhile and you might think that this
would have been well hashed out by now but there are too many
variables that prevent a clear consensus.

My impression from the e-mail, 50/50 split, is putting a Beverage
on a hill side slope does not make it better but depending on the
grade it doesn't hurt. I assume if it is too steep then the wire becomes
too vertical but not sure where that cross-over point is.

73 Rich KL7RA

C U in the wpx code on topband. We never give up on the band.