Topband: Inverted L fed with coax

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Inverted L fed with coax
From: k9sqg@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 09:40:08 -0400
Fellow topband enthusiasts,

Thanks for all the emails, both via the reflector and direct, on the topic of
feeding an inverted L with coax and using a tuner in the shack.  I can't
believe the wealth of information that you have all provided to me.  I wish I
had the time to respond to each and every one of you individually but between
caregiving for my xyl and the job situation I don't have a lot of time for ham
activities.  Interestingly, the information that you have all provided is as
valuable as it is interesting.  Results from antenna modeling is one thing, but
I always enjoy the practical experience of users such as yourselves.  It is
always good to hear of things that aren't supposed to work, but do.  Many of
the ideas are things I've not read about in my antenna books nor seen online.
Hence, your emails represent a large body of information that is quite useful
to me.  Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.  I hope we QSO on 160
this coming winter.  I'll have something up for an antenna, maybe not the
final, but at least I'll be back on topband after a 40 break.  160 is always a
very pleasant experience, 75 and 40 used to be that way, but no more.  I'm just
glad that it is difficult to get a decent antenna up for 160, keeps the riff
raff down in the noise, hi hi.  My 160 meter experiences started back in the
days when only 25 kc was allocated and power levels were severely restricted.
Hopin
g to QSO with you all this winter.  Enjoy topband and thanks again for your
support.

73,

Evan, K9SQG