Re: Topband: Topband loaded dipole?

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband loaded dipole?
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 17:54:33 -0400 (EDT)
I have a full size 160M horizontal dipole -- 120 feet high -- and an array of
four 1/4 wavelength verticals with an extensive buried radial system.

Except on rare occasions, DX signals are always at least 6 dB stronger on the
verticals than on the dipole, and frequently much more. On many occasions, DX
signals that easily copiable and workable on the verticals are completely
inaubible on the dipole.

I would expect similar results when comparing the DX performance of a loaded
horizontal dipole to a top loaded vertical.

73
Frank
W3LPL