Re: Topband: Boring Report - first taste of Europe this season

To: David Raymond <daraymond@iowatelecom.net>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Boring Report - first taste of Europe this season
From: Charles Otnott <wd5bjt@peoplepc.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 08:55:30 -0400 (EDT)
Yes, I agree the "season" has started for the northern world. European
stations are getting louder here on the southern Mississippi Gulf coast.

I used the down time to re-route my end fed half wave herz antenna to
get more of the first high current point into the vertical section. At the
Huntsville
hamfest I managed to buy the last two 600 ohm 20 watt carbon resistors
by a long time parts vendor. He said that "there are no more in my stock."
Time for beverages.

It is time for us static crash listeners to start loosing sleep!!!
We shall see if all of our down time efforts will glean exotic DX.