Topband: Multiple Beverage Switchbox

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Multiple Beverage Switchbox
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 09:57:06 -0400
        I'm not sure this is applicable to your installation or not.  For
~25 years I've fed most of my Beverages from a single point (in a
star configuration).  I use one transformer, one ground rod and small
reed relays to select the desired Beverage wire.  My Beverages are
all terminated so the unused wires are all grounded at the far end
through their termination resistor.  This arrangement has worked very
well for me over the years.

                                        73,  Bill  W4ZV

P.S.  I can also select multiple Beverages simultaneously which is
sometimes useful in contests (i.e. ~3 dB loss due to impedance
mismatch and probably some degradation in pattern).