Topband: MFJ-269 thoughts? Other analyzers?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: MFJ-269 thoughts? Other analyzers?
From: "Mike & Coreen Smith" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 13:34:30 -0300
Hello TopBanders.

 I have an old and tired MFJ-259 (not the B model) and while it's "alright",
it is getting long in the tooth.
Every time (and I do mean EVERY time) I use it I have to play with the band
selector knob to get it to work.
I usually end up holding it in place to get a reading and it's getting to be
an old story.  I've tried cleaning it with spray and
also resoldering the pcb connections to no avail.  The battery connections
and holders have given me grief over the years too.
Also...it doesn't do 432MHz and is wonky on 160m. (I have a stn on 1260kHz
AM about 15 miles away)

What's the '269 like? Any better in any of these respects?
Anything else out there in the $300-$400 range that does 1.6MHz-440MHz that
will also display X & J ?

Thanks in advance !

Mike VE9AA dit dit

Mike, Coreen & Corey Smith