Topband: BCB Filter (related to Antenna Analyzer question)

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: BCB Filter (related to Antenna Analyzer question)
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 08:31:33 -0400
VE9AA:

 > I am presuming I could buy some kind of small "receive only" filter and the
analyzer would not be enough to overpower the
components???  Anyone have a suggestion of a CHEAP filter?  If I am shelling
out $500++ for an analyzer, I don't want
to spring another $100-$200 for a 160m filter.

         Consider a Par Electronics BCB filter, IMHO much better than
the ICE 402:

http://parelectronics.com/bcst-hpf.htm

Available either direct or from Universal Radio for $67.95.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/filters/4426.html

Dale W4OP can also customize filters with a notch placed exactly on
any frequency you choose (i.e. for a specific local MW frequency
giving problems).

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV