Re: Topband: BCB Filter (related to Antenna Analyzer question)

To: richard@karlquist.com
Subject: Re: Topband: BCB Filter (related to Antenna Analyzer question)
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 14:58:00 -0400
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Rick Karlquist <richard@karlquist.com>wrote:

> Bill Tippett wrote:
> > VE9AA:
> >
> >>          Consider a Par Electronics BCB filter, IMHO much better than
> > the ICE 402:
> >
> > http://parelectronics.com/bcst-hpf.htm
> >

> This has the same problem as the ICE filter.  An impressive
> looking measured curve, but no guaranteed specs.  Having built
> many filters, I can tell you that repeatability is a huge
> issue in the case of a 160 BCB filter, now that you have to
> reject 1700 (I have a local station there :-(.  You can always
> tweak one by hand tuning to look very good.  How do I know
> the one I purchase is going to look so good?

Contact the owner Dale Parfitt W4OP.  Dale can tweak the #3 null in the
response shown to exactly reject 1700 kHz.  Poke around on his website...it
might give you a little more confidence he knows what he's doing.  I believe
he's very QRL with military contracts at the moment but he's generally
responsive to emails.

73,  Bill  W4ZV