Re: Topband: ARRL 160 Contest Scoring

To: steve.root@culligan4water.com, topband@contesting.com, lists@subich.com
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL 160 Contest Scoring
From: Julius Fazekas <phriendly1@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 07:53:40 -0700 (PDT)
Joe,

I am assuming you're referring to SO HP as far as "winning".

Fred, K8FH, has won SOLP from Ohio. I've won it from Tennessee and Gene, KB7Q
has been in the top five from Montana multiple times (I'm rooting for him again
this year).

It may have been a fluke in all cases, but helps to be in the right place at
the right time. If you don't play for keeps, no way one will win either.

For all the people not playing, it appears participation in up in both ARRL and
CQ 160 contests over the last five years.

73,
Julius

Julius Fazekas
N2WN