Re: Topband: qsling

To: "Milt, N5IA" <n5ia@zia-connection.com>, dt <wd5r@hughes.net>, Tom Haavisto <kamham69@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: qsling
From: <k8gt@mi.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 1:58:12 -0400
Good for you, guys, and whatever floats your boat.

But as they say, the job isn't done until the paperwork's done.

I go through the trouble of QSLing NOT to prove it to anyone else, I do it to
prove it to myself.

In my fifty years of ham radio, I've gotten several of my cards back for QSOs
that I was sure that I had worked, but they had "Not in log" on them.

It's like playing baseball.  You can hit one over the fence, and many have seen
you do it, but until you run the bases, and touch every one on the way, it
doesn't count.

Needless to say, I've always loved QSL cards, even the third and fourth ones
from ON4UN on 80M, but the 160 was even great. TNX John.

Nowadays with the cost of full color cards at reasonable prices, they are even
nicer.   When I started, QSLs sent as postcards cost 3 cents in postage, but I
was only making about $10 to $15 a week.  Relative to my income today, postage
is a lot cheaper, and I'm not wealthy, but I can QSL.

73, Guys and Have Fun!

Gerry, K8GT

---- "Milt wrote: