Re: Topband: AAARRRAAGH ##$!@@!!

To: 160 reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: AAARRRAAGH ##$!@@!!
From: wb6rse1@mac.com
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 11:46:17 -0800
On Nov 3, 2009, at 5:42 AM, N7DF wrote:

I have never understood the mentality of people who tune up on the DX
stations frequency
___________

I've had a few locals do it. Knowing who they are, I called them on it
- privately. Replies were lame. "Sorry. Thought I was far enough off
frequency." But I shamed them, which was the point. They know better.

You would hope they would have the good sense to tune up when a band
is dead and note the settings on their tuners/amps. I said "hope." But
there are many who think a few hundred watts either way of a KW makes
a difference, let alone a few KHz.

I've made my share of wrong VFO mistakes. So I appreciate the QRQ "RSE
UP" when the DX is not TX.

Now if any of you know who the clown is on CW who loves to send "UP UP
UP" on the DX frequency very very slowly with a straight key ......
and I think I know.

73 - Steve WB6RSE