Topband: First JA !. . .NB report.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: First JA !. . .NB report.
From: "Mike & Coreen Smith" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 08:06:14 -0400
After all this time (31½ yrs), I finally have a JA in the TOPBAND log.
Whew... JA7NI peaked true S-meter (IC-736) 579 here this morning, just
before SR and I was vy thankful for his awesome ears and powerful station.

That being said, there was a (well meaning?) station west of me somewhere
trying to work JA7QVI with my call !
Sorry OM, but if you are reading this, it would be a hollow victory for me
to be in Tac's logbook without a 'real' QSO.

Great condx here this morning.....

Heard several Ja's......DQH, QVI <true> 519-559 on peaks...... TX3A peaked
579 well after my SR (still not in log)...VE1ZZ (to my east) was still
working Asia with the sun well up above the horizon.  Jack, your stn is top
notch.

W4ZV reported I was calling off QRG by ~150Hz....thanks for that Bill.  I
will either cal. the rig again, or keep XIT on.

Now, what's up with the TX3A pileup? <on soapbox> He would call WO0OOO
(ficticious callsign) and a dozen guys with calls like KH5EEE (ficticious
callsign) would reply....I have to give them credit...they pretty much stuck
to whatever call they had (even if a partial) until the QSO was made, or
nothing was copied on their end....things were going painfully slow @ times,
so I can just imagine the horrendous noise on their end......C'mon, let us
each make our own QSO. <off soapbox>

Respectfully and with bleeding eardrums,

Mike VE9AA (FN66na)......1/4WL ½ sloper @ 24' on 48' tower.........700W,
Ic-736

Mike, Coreen & Corey Smith
699 Rte 616 Keswick Ridge