Re: Topband: First JA !. . .NB report.

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: First JA !. . .NB report.
From: Art <k6xt@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 21:40:29 -0700
Unfortunately we can rant on about this heinous practice but it doesn't
seem to help. As in my rant over J5C in 07. Some of the same players
(not all, the mix changes) just keep on QRMing on. And teaching their
acolytes how to jam. Thank goodness for superior ops such as at TX3A and
sometimes XR0Y that they persist in the face of intentional jamming to
make the QSO regardless! My hope is that expeditions and DXers persist
in either going QRT or resisting the jammers to provide training to
jamming initiates who are just following along in the footsteps of their
instructors, or maybe actually changing one or two dedicated jammers'
behavior.
73 Art

Mike & Coreen Smith wrote:
[Snip]

Now, what's up with the TX3A pileup? <on soapbox> He would call WO0OOO
(ficticious callsign) and a dozen guys with calls like KH5EEE
(ficticious callsign) would reply....I have to give them credit...they
pretty much stuck to whatever call they had (even if a partial) until
the QSO was made, or nothing was copied on their end....things were
going painfully slow @ times, so I can just imagine the horrendous noise
on their end......C'mon, let us each make our own QSO. <off soapbox>

Respectfully and with bleeding eardrums,

Mike VE9AA (FN66na)......1/4WL ½ sloper @ 24' on 48' tower.........700W,
Ic-736