Re: Topband: overposting

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: overposting
From: "Tod - ID" <tod@k0to.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 14:21:00 -0700
With no intention of being offensive to you Stan --

The saying is, "Nothing is impossible for the person who does not have to do
it".

A little mental effort and some polite reminders by members on the list
might be a better start on a 'fix' than for us to urge that the
"obergruppenfuhrer" make all decisions.

Topband is somewhat 'self policing' already; why not use the same idea to
manage the Topband list rather than look for some outside agency to manage
things for us.

I am pretty sure that it is a mix of forgetfulness and high interest in the
topic that from time to time causes many of us to make comments that could
be just as well not be made. It would not surprise me to find that many of
the readers of this list do what I do sometimes. Write a reply and then
before sending it ask myself -- "does that add to the discussion?"  Most of
the time I delete the email I have written and go back to reading the emails
on the list.

Tod, K0TO