Re: Topband: overposting

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: overposting
From: Keith Jillings G3OIT <keith.g3oit@jillings.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:59:56 +0000
Dan Zimmerman N3OX wrote:

> Moderated lists are moderated for a reason.

Indeed!   As someone who moderated a list for several years, it's not a
job to be undertaken lightly - unless there's a team of several mods.
You worry about going on vacation, or being away for a while, and news
about hot DX or whatever being held up.  There are plenty of complaints
and brickbats to each "thank you" or rosette for the mod.

There are also opportunities for mis-moderating and misunderstanding.

Leave it as it is, but do what I do:  set up a mailbox and a message
filter so that all Topband mails go into a separate place in Thunderbird
mailreader.   I have several filters, so I can see and read urgent stuff
without it getting lost in among 20 posts about TX3A or whatever.

Keith
G3OIT