Re: Topband: inverted L pointers please

To: John <shore1@xplornet.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: inverted L pointers please
From: Tom Haavisto <kamham69@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 11:38:14 -0500
The inverted L is not a complicated antenna to build.

What I did was take around 135 feet of wire.  Center conductor from a piece
of coax connects to this.  Sheild connects to the base of my tower.  I added
a bunch of radials (various lengths) to the tower.

Ran the wire through a pulley, and tied a four foot length of rope to the
pulley.  Climbed up the tower and tied the rope to the tower around 45 feet
up.  Basically, the wire runs up the tower, and ends up around three feet
away at the top, bottom is close to the base.  The other end of the wire is
tied off to a tree.  Adjust length of wire for best match.  Easy to adjust
from ground level.

Is is fancy?  Nope.  But it works!  Did WAS and DXCC with this antenna,
which to me is simply amazing!

Tom - VE3CX