Topband: Hy-Gain MK-160A

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Hy-Gain MK-160A
From: "Dave Harmon" <k6xyz@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 15:40:27 -0600
I have 2 questions about the MK-160A add on 'kit' for the HG Hy-Tower.
First, my HT has 90, 70 foot radials and works gangbuster on 80 & 40.....no
problems.

First question is....does anyone know for sure if this 160A works very well?
Is it worth putting up?

Second question.....I have almost unlimited space for antennas....that's why
I live here but the property does not have any trees....good for yard
maintenance but not so good for antennas.
I can install a 160mtr dipole on a stick attached to the chimney...this
would get the feed point at about 40'. The ends would droop somewhat in the
shape of an opened up inverted 'V'.
Would the dipole work 'better' than the 160A??
I realize that the takeoff angle is different for each antenna but I would
like to hear some opinions...pro & con....whatever ya got!

Regards

Dave Harmon
CCA 97-535
K6XYZ[at]sbcglobal[dot]net