Topband: [Fwd: Re: RFI from MacIntosh G4 Monitor]

To: Topband <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: [Fwd: Re: RFI from MacIntosh G4 Monitor]
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 13:55:26 -0400

K4RO Kirk Pickering wrote:

> I need to find a solution where the YL can work on her Mac while I
> comb through the static on 160m. Has anyone
> else encountered this before? Any ideas on how to quiet things down?
> Replacing the computer is not an option
> at this time. Thanks for any suggestions.

 Sure....set the wifes computer up inside a shielded enclosure taking care
of putting chokes on any entry cable. If you want to try this for a test and
if you don't have a tanning enclosure in your house, just put the Mac inside
your oven  (not on of course)and see if the interference is gone before you
build a "clean" room for that noise radiating MAC.
Sounds crazy I know but 160 meter DX is important enough for solutions,
even weird ones to be considered..

Herb, KV4FZ