Re: Topband: Solar wind

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Solar wind
From: "Ilmo Anttila" <ilmo.anttila@qualisys.fi>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 20:13:30 +0200
Hi Topbanders

I have an opposite experience to influence of solar wind to propagation to
Pacific.
I do follow daily solar wind speed and dynamic pressure.
Here is the page:
http://hfradio.org/visual_propagation.html

As soon as solar wind speed is close to 200 km/s and dynamic pressure about 0,1
nPa there is for sure good propagation to NA, Pacific and JA-directions.

I did work ZL3IX, Greg also on 20th DEC. He had a very good signal that
evening. There are always exceptions to those rules.

Season's Greetings

Ilmo, OH2BO