Re: Topband: A desert ?

To: f5phw@free.fr
Subject: Re: Topband: A desert ?
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 07:46:49 -0400
f5phw@free.fr wrote:
> Since 1 month, top band is like a desert here in souht Pacific.
> The only QSO I made were ZK3YA and one VK station.
>

> - it is due to solar activity who is better for high bands.
> - it is just the bad season for low bands.
>
> Best 73 de FO8RZ Phil in Tahiti.

Phil,  You were on at 0900 this morning peaking at 449.  I have been
able to work ZL3IX at east with 589 both ways at this time so if the
tropical static is not to high you should be able to get some replies as
a path exists.  I noticed that you have not been spotted when you are
on....so you might check your TX antenna and also try the high end of
the BC band and use Pacific AM Radio stations as an indicator of your RX
capabilities. You should be able to here ZL3IX and VK3IO plus VK6GX on a
regular basis from 0900 to 1030 when they are on.  If yuo don't I would
recheck your antennas since although the bands arenot ashot as the
winter months they are still producing many DX contacts.

Please keep trying.

Herb, KV4FZ.
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK