Topband: Question for the EXPERTS and Heavy Transceiver users and tester

To: "Topband Reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Question for the EXPERTS and Heavy Transceiver users and testers
From: "Dennis Peterson" <dennisissure@comporium.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 08:14:55 -0400
GM guys;
I would like to pose the following question to those who have or had several of
the well known transceivers on TOPBAND.

I have currently in my possession and use an ICOM IC-735 which has been totally
gone thru by MTS in Western Washington.   On a scale of 1-10 I would rate it at
about an 8 as it has a few scratches here and there.  Unfortunately, this
transceiver doesn't have adequate filtering for CW operation on topband so I am
LOOKING for something USED that will provide me with filtering for CW operation.

I would like to hear from operators who have or had some of the more popular
rigs for operation on 160 meters.  Filtering is a MUST, the rest of the bells
and whistles isn't that important to me either.  I am looking or leaning
towards the following transceivers:
ICOM 746
ICOM 746 Pro
ICOM 761
ICOM 756
ICOM 756 Pro
Kenwood TS-850

Previously 4 years ago I had a Kenwood TS-870 but was forced to sell the
complete station due to prostate cancer.  I have to go the USED route as social
security checks don't go very far these days.

Looking forward to hearing from many of you and I will attempt to post a
summary of the results.  It would be nice to be able to listen to these rigs
for a first hand view and experience as to its specs and features.

Thanks for reading and in advance any and all comments

de K4CKDennis

Dennis G. Peterson
326 East Jefferson Street
Apt 2
York, SC  29745
803-389-9366

Read my story below by clicking the URL:

http://www.yananow.net/Mentors/DennisD.htm

http://www.k4ckd.com
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK