Re: Topband: Shunt fed tower

To: "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Shunt fed tower
From: "Wayne Rogers" <n1wr@chesapeake.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 11:31:19 -0400
Herb:  What do you mean "sweet point?"  This has always been a mystery to
me.  I have a 90' tower with a TH-& etc on top that I am getting ready to
feed.  I have heard "feed it at the top (just under the beam)" and I have
heard 55' up.  How does one go about finding the right spot to attach gamma
rod to the tower?  I plan on using 1/2" hardline outer conductor for the
line.

Thanks to all for the good advice on this reflector and 73, Wayne N1WR