Topband: spacers for ladder line

To: topband <Topband@contesting.com>, tcg1 <tcg1@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Topband: spacers for ladder line
From: Trent Fleming <trent.fleming@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 22:43:22 -0500
Friends,

For a variety of reasons, mostly to reduce the visibility of the antenna,
I'm going to move the center point of my G5RV into a tree (which is
currently the support for one end of the antenna.)  Drop the ladder line
straight down, and use a switch box to alternate between traditional G5RV
dipole and a Marconi with radials to try and improve my Topband and 80m
signal before next winter.  I want to space the ladder line off of the tree
to avoid detuning to the extent possible.  I need suggestions for what to
use to accomplish this - I've seen suggestions for pvc pipe and wooden
dowels boiled in parafin/wax . . . any other ideas?

I'm fully aware that this is not an optimal setup, but I have to avoid
visibility of the antenna if at all possible, and the ladder line is just
too much of an eyesore as it hangs right now.

Your suggestions are much appreciated.

73,

Trent
N4DTF