Re: Topband: spacers for ladder line

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: spacers for ladder line
From: Lup Schlueter <dj7sw@kcag.de>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 20:08:04 +0000
"Huehnerleiter + antenne" goggeln!

In german the ladder line is called  "Huehner-Leiter" (chicken ladder).
The expert and guru is dl2to :
http://www.dl2lto.de/sc/HB_HL.htm
here you will find a lot of ideas for spacers.

A producer of spacers even for four-line-ladders is here:
http://www.hfparts.com/german/index.htm

If you need to have the ladderline inside, you need wall-holders:
http://www.kabel-kusch.de/Litze-usw/Feederleitung.htm

At the end you have to consider how and where to transform the
ladderline impedance to
your unsymetrical 50 ohm impedace tcvr. This location is the field of
DG0SA. Look what he has to say:
http://www.wolfgang-wippermann.de/BalunAtuHl.pdf   or
www.wolfgang-wippermann.de

Never forget those ugly thunderstorms! Even snow -and rainfall can burn
your transceiver inputs.
Shredder your car, use the sparkplugs:
http://www.df7rg.de/produkte/huehnerleiter/index.htm

Sorry all texts are in german, but the many pics will give you enought
infos.
Hope it gives you many ideas....... :-)

55 and 73 de Lup, DJ7SW

Am 10.05.2010 15:30, schrieb Missouri Guy:
>> I want to space the ladder line off of
>> the tree
>> to avoid detuning to the extent possible.  I need suggestions for
>> what to
>> use to accomplish this - I've seen suggestions for pvc pipe and
>> wooden
>> dowels boiled in parafin/wax . . . any other ideas?
>>
> Electric fence insulators...the kind that can be nailed/screwed
> onto a wood post.  There are some that can handle the wide
> "ribbon" line.  Check farm supply stores.
>
> 73,
> Charlie, N0TT

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK