Topband: 160 this morning in Atlanta

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 160 this morning in Atlanta
From: "John Harden, D.M.D." <jhdmd@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 12:25:12 -0400
  This morning around sunrise I had a chance to try out my recently
erected "Triangle Array" from Hi-Z Antennas in Oregon. It works
fantastic. It has 6 receive directions and is equal to having six 500
foot beverages. It is about 200 feet from the shack down the hill from
the shack near the creek, and is fed with RG-6/U quad shield.

The array has three (3) 23 foot verticals in a phased array in the
configuration of an equilateral triangle with 45 foot sides.

I copied FK8CP, and VK3ZL on 160 with relative ease.....

Evening before last I worked VQ9 and he was stronger on the receive
array than he was on the M2 rotary at 100 feet.

73,

John, W4NU
Atlanta
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK