Re: Topband: 160 wire yagi

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 wire yagi
From: Mirko S57AD <miroslav.sibilja@amis.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 12:35:40 +0200
  Hi Jorge,

some 20 years ago at YU1EXY, we spread sloping dipole and reflector (30m
apart) from 60m tall building to SW (at 45° angle), which created sloped
(semi vertical) yagi toward NW and which performed excellently.  At
opposite side of building we had 3 el wire yagi for 80, made in same
fashion.

As far as I can recall, guys from Bologna (Italy) used 2 el inv V wire
yagi (switchalbe) at their "fungi" (water tower) shack, which also
preformed excellently.

IMHO, you need very tall supports for wire yagis, so IMHO it would be
better to build either wire 4-square or maybe sloping dipole array.
K3LR array would be excellent solution as well...

73  Mirko, S57AD

Na 9/8/2010 6:54 PM, Jorge Diez - CX6VM je pisal:
> Hello,
>

> Anyone tried a 160 mts wire yagi?
>

> Will appreciate some info about the performance and construction.
>

> I have a 120 ft tower and some big trees far apart, my idea is to do the
> wire yagi from the tower to the tree. The heights are not the same, will
> have a rope from from 120 ft high in the tower to 55 ft high in the tree
> where I will hang the elements, sloping to the ground.
>

> I have a tree in front of the tower and in the back, so I can do the yagi
> with the reflector lower than the driven element and the director, or
> viceversa, wich one is better?
>

> 73,
>
> Jorge
>
> CX6VM/CW5W