Re: Topband: Pneumatic device for throwing antenna wire over the top ofa

To: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Pneumatic device for throwing antenna wire over the top ofa tree
From: W2PM <w2pm@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 07:48:03 -0400
I agree slingshots are very difficult to get accuracy with because of how you
have to hold the weight AND they often lack power at steep angles or heights
over 60 ft.  But I don't know about using such an elaborate device when a
decent bow and arrow is so simple and effective. And you don't have to be Robin
Hood for accuracy as you have enough launch power to get high enough over an
intended branch wihtout having to be pinpoint accurate.. That said I have had
times where i did need to get in between a narrow crotch in a upper area and
it's wasn't hard to do it with an arrow which is slender.

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 14, 2010, at 11:09, bob finger <finger@goeaston.net> wrote:

> Yes.  Been there done that.  Until you have used a tennis ball gun you
> don't know how easy and accurate you can be putting lines over branches,
> inside a tower etc etc.  Slingshots are like using a TS520 vs the tennis
> ball gun being like a K3.  They both get the job done.  73 bob de w9ge
>
> sebdesn wrote:
>
>> I went to Walmart and bought a cheap spinning reel(Attach it to the sling
>> shot) . a sling shot,

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK