Re: Topband: K9AY-loop?

To: DM4iM <hamradio@vr-web.de>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: K9AY-loop?
From: Alan Swinger <awswinger@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 05:09:32 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Martin - Upon moving my K9AY loop from one QTH to another, I lost all
directivity, despite a grd rod and multiple radials. Per N4ZR's suggestion on
this site in 2009, I installed the Center-tapped bead choke described in
ON4UN's book for feeeding a Beverage. I put a second grd rod 16 ft from the
loop base along the coax direction, installed two 3 ft pieces of coax w/ 100
ferrite beads (available from DX Engineering) each joined by a double female
connector which I clamped to the rod. Once connected to the loop and feedline -
directivity restored . . . the feedline is decoupled from the system and does
not act like a radial - common mode current problem solved. I also buried the
coax and control line.
Best regards,
Alan K9MBQ