Re: Topband: Where are the JA stations?

To: topband@contesting.com, midnight18@cox.net
Subject: Re: Topband: Where are the JA stations?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 12:12:42 -0800
On 12/23/2010 8:02 AM, W7RH wrote:
> Or, are the US HP category stations
> running far more power than authorized?

I can speak for myself, and can personally vouch for K6XX, N6RO, K5RC,
NI6T, K6RB, N6RK, N3ZZ, and the crew who operate at W6YX -- these guys
do it with legal power, first class radios, good antenna systems, and
operating skill.  Ditto for any operation at their stations by others,
including N6WM, N6ML, WA6O, ND2T, N7MH, and N6BV.

I also seem to hear fewer JAs each season.  And I've got a full wave
Beverage pointed that way. But propagation may also be an issue. We've
been at the low point of the sunspot cycle for a while, and it's on the
upswing.

73, Jim K9YC
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK