Re: Topband: Where are the JA stations?

To: <midnight18@cox.net>, 160dx REF <topband@contesting.com>, AAAAA SCOTT <zebrahauler@windstream.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Where are the JA stations?
From: james scott <wk3n@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 04:15:33 +0000
Bob & all,

      The number of JA amateur station licences used to exceed all countries.
In 1995 they had 1,364,316 amateurs.  By 2006 the number of JA's has dropped to
553,810. See
http://www.k0nr.com/blog/2007/08/how-many-amateur-radio-operators-are.html
      It is also, only logical that the global economic situation has also
caused a recent decrease in ops as well.  Clearly we see that the average age
of DXer's in general is about 60 plus years of age.  Thus I would add the
silent key factor into the equasion.  Add to the fact that propagation is
constantly unpredictable on top band and I can easily see the reason for a drop
in JA participation on 160 meters.

Merry Christmas to all,

"Scotty"
 UP!

"WK3N NEVER SLEEPS !" Quote from Martti Lane, OH2BH.

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK