Re: Topband: [AOCC] KE7DX Window 160m

To: ke7dx@marketemporium.com, aocc@mailman.qth.net, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: [AOCC] KE7DX Window 160m
From: PACER99@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 12:35:57 EST
hi gary,

i totally disagree with your assessment of contest versus normal operation
on 160 meters. top band is a gentleman's band at ALL times, either in a
contest  or otherwise. nothing is ever on a "level playing field". big guns are
truly  deserving of the title. lots of time, energy and money is necessary.
not  withstanding is the devotion to the band and years of  experience.

i worked my last zone on 160 meters in the "window". long path with EY8MM.
sked frequency was chosen because the "window" offered the best chance of
having  a clear frequency.

observing the "window" in a contest is a great advantage for the little
"pistol" to work DX. no 60 db over 9 signals to contend with. all of the big
guns that i know respect the window, it's one of the ways we  can honor the
gentleman's code of top band. i worked my first european  station in the
"window". what a thrill that was. been a believer ever  since.

have fun.

73,
larry
n7dd

In a message dated 04/02/11 4:52:04 P.M. Morocco Standard Time,