Topband: Top Band Receiving Antennas

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Top Band Receiving Antennas
From: "John Harden, D.M.D." <jhdmd@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 06:36:33 -0500
The best, and most cost effective, receiving antennas out there are the Hi-Z
Antennas triangle, 4-square and 8-circle arrays. I have the triangle array and
it works fantastic. I has 6 electrically switched directions and a great F/B
ratio. It is essentially equivalent to having six 500 foot beverages when
looking at the Receive Direction Factor (RDF).

Right now the Hi-Z web site is shut down due to the lawsuit by PDS Electronics
(DX Engineering) alleging a patent infringement. Even if the plaintiff wins all
the info on the Hi-Z antennas will end up on the internet and you'll be able to
build your own...It'll just be a matter of time.

73,

John, W4NU
(K4JAG 1959 to 1998)

"ONE CANNOT SUPPRESS CREATIVITY"