Re: Topband: Chat Room Confirmation

To: topband topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Chat Room Confirmation
From: mrtman777 <mrtman777@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 06:45:25 -0800 (PST)

I am 16 years old, and I come from a generation that generally has little use
for amateur radio.  In the past, being a ham was a novelty, but now, why not
just pick up your cell phone or use the internet to communicate?

But I operate off what I like to call "cool factor".  Sure, using the internet
would be easier, but that is beside the point.  I enjoy the challenge and
adventure of using a radio station to make DX contacts.  If I was to cheat by
using an online SDR, or the internet in any form to complete my contact, that
would defeat my original purpose for operating.  Sure, cheating might help me
reach DXCC or some other award on 160, but it would still defeat the fun and
the
entire point.  And if I DXCCed that way, I wouldn't really enjoy having the
DXCC.  All my fun comes from using RF to complete the contact.

VY 73 & CU on topband

de Trey KJ4FDV
Birmingham AL
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK