Topband: Spurs

To: Top Band Reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Spurs
From: Roger D Johnson <n1rj@roadrunner.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 13:37:24 -0400
The other night I was watching the 1820kHz spur on PowerSDR
and it seemed much larger than usual. I tuned to it and found there
were two religious broadcasting stations! One had a female voice
..the other male.

I had always assumed that the 1820 spur was the second harmonic
of a 910 kHz BC station. It would appear that a strong sig on 25m
and another on 31m could produce this effect. My  8 circle receiving
array elements are 23.5 ft long and are resonant somewhere around
10 mHz so would deliver strong signals from both bands. The spur
seems to be caused by overloading in the rx preamps as it was not
on the tx vertical.

has anyone else noticed this?

73, Roger

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK