Re: Topband: Weatherproof enclosures?

To: "Mike Waters" <mikewate@gmail.com>, "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Weatherproof enclosures?
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 08:39:51 -0400
The Hammonds I have used for over 20 years in the temperature and humidity
extremes of NH are the basic 1591S series black ABS.

Overkill may sound nice and may even be more covenient to obtain that same
day but it all boils down to how well a person seals his own added holes.

A short piece of PVC pipe and a couple of caps glued on also work. I had one
of those that I found under a pile of leaves last year where it had fallen a
decade ago. After cutting it open it was completely dry inside; I built that
one in the early 80's for the old QTH.

Carl
KM1H