Re: Topband: New entry to TopBand with antenna question

To: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>, "Michael G. Carper" <mike@wa9pie.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: New entry to TopBand with antenna question
From: "Chortek, Robert L" <Robert.Chortek@berliner.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 07:51:15 -0700
Mike,

If your rig does not have an RX only port, you can use a rx/tx relay.
There are a number of commercial units available.  One (with which I
have no connection whatsoever) is made by KD9SV and is available through
Radioware.

It has an rx protection circuit (to keep you from blowing out your front
end), a dual band (160-80 meter) variable gain pre-amplifier and a
four-position antenna switch in one box.  The four position antenna
switch will allow you to select four different receive antennas while
giving you front-end protection and a variable dual band pre-amp.  You
can also by pass the unit and use the transmit antenna when you are
operating on the higher bands or if you want to use the low band
transmitting antenna.
New Improved Solid State Switching design.

Again, there are a number of other units out there, or you can build
one.

GL es 73,

Bob/AA6VB

> Pardon me for asking a dumb question... but how do you guys switch
between
> the beverage antenna and the inverted-L... given that your XCVR has
only a
> single antenna port for both TX/RX?
>
> Mike, WA9PIE
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK