Re: Topband: Counterpoise very interresting

To: "Mike(W5UC)" <w5uc@suddenlink.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Counterpoise very interresting
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 15:20:00 -0500
I found LB to be a little enigmatic. But so what?

His forte' was modelling.  He had all the professional licenses and
did commercial modeling for some number of customers, including a lot
of unheralded primary work for the well-regarded Force 12 antennas. He
did not do a lot of on-field verification himself, which would explain
why some fairly suspect material remains.  I'm fairly sure he did not
have the health for the hard outdoor work that validation requires,
though he never complained.  But all in all, I'm certainly better off
for him than without him.  RIP, and let detractors look to their own
assumptions closets.  I'm completely sure LB has far fewer detractors
than I do.  I have a series of posts with him about the Wouff Houng
which I treasure.

73, Guy.

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 2:08 PM, Mike(W5UC) <w5uc@suddenlink.net> wrote:
> On 11/22/2011 9:29 AM, DAVID CUTHBERT wrote:
>> L.B. was a professor of Philosophy and not a degreed engineer.
>>
>> Dave WX7G
>> On Nov 22, 2011 8:08 AM, "ZR"<zr@jeremy.mv.com>  wrote:
>>
> I got into it with L. B. several years ago.  He published something((I
> don't remember what) that was quite ambiguous, and I dropped him an
> e-mail asking him to be more specific.  He replied by accusing me of
> being demanding.   I found another source to reference in solving my
> problem and moved on.
>
> 73,
> Mike, W5UC

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK