Re: Topband: ARRL 160

To: Gary@ka1j.com, Topband <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL 160
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2011 12:53:18 -0400
On 12/3/2011 12:03 PM, Gary Smith wrote:
> It was at QSO #8 I think it was when I moved the monitor to be more
> ergonomic with the radio, HI-Z triangular controller&  key when I
> looked and the computer was dead. Power to the cord so it's either a
> dead PS or motherboard. Unsure but will figure it out later. Started
> up computer #2&  after getting data from the dead computer
> transferred to it 2 hours later, kept going.
>
> Sure was little DX on this end in CT, only 8 mults&  3,118 points.
> Much less than last year. Interesting that overall the bands have
> been doing nicely for DX, I'm looking forward to CQWW160 for DX. Do
> love the 160 contests.
>
> Gary
> KA1J
Thanks for the QSO Gary. I had not intention of even getting on. My
station was operated via Icom(s) RS-BA1 remote control from NYC by N2TTA
(Yuri) just to test the remote setup.  The ARRL DX (160) is the poorest
excuse for a contest ever devised by HQ and CAC.  It treats KP1, KP2,
KH6, KH0, KH8 as non-DX. There is no way we can be competitive against
other W/VE.  I have begged and pleaded with the CAC to look at this but
this has fallen on deaf ears.  The contest does not attract DX and is a
waste of time compared to SP and CQ events where the DX stations on TB
are in the thousands.

Herb, KV4FZ
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK