Re: Topband: ARRL 160

To: Gary@ka1j.com,topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL 160
From: Missouri Guy <n0tt1@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 00:24:49 +0000
Gary,

Heh...heh...'Must have been the "night of dying computers"....My
trusty old Gateway Colorbook died during the heat of battle
Friday night....was able to rescue the log and continue on
with another computer ~two hours later!!  You're in my log,
which I'll be uploading to LBoTW in a couple of days.

73,
Charlie, N0TT
Missouri Section

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 11:03:08 -0500 "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com> writes:
> It was at QSO #8 I think it was when I moved the monitor to be more
> ergonomic with the radio, HI-Z triangular controller & key when I
> looked and the computer was dead. Power to the cord so it's either a
>
> dead PS or motherboard. Unsure but will figure it out later. Started
>
> up computer #2 & after getting data from the dead computer
> transferred to it 2 hours later, kept going.
>
> Sure was little DX on this end in CT, only 8 mults & 3,118 points.
> Much less than last year. Interesting that overall the bands have
> been doing nicely for DX, I'm looking forward to CQWW160 for DX. Do
>
> love the 160 contests.
>
> Gary
> KA1J

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK