Re: Topband: An observation about Topband contesting technique

To: Cormac Gebruers <ei4hq.mail@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: An observation about Topband contesting technique
From: Steven Raas <sjraas@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 20:41:16 -0500
I agree 100%,

I run alot.. but im FAR FAR from big.. my rule of thumbs is... Calling CQ
TEST.. leave enough room between CQ's to hear your own call  2x in a row
10wpm LESS that your CQ'ing at.. I generally cq @ 28 WPM as it says on the
N1MM program.. and I had the delay @ about 8 Seconds. Here is one thing
that REALLY irks me ( any contest definatally not TB specific ) I cq.. I
get a weak reply.. I send ? or __? or w/e i need to.. and they CHANGE THEIR
SPEED..or they slow down from 25 WPM to 10 wpm..REALLY? I wouldent CQ @ a
WPM that I couldent  copy a call @ 99,1 % of the time @ the same speed with
a marginal to light signal. ( the other .9% im drinkin coffee n I slurp
loud hihi) Also hear a few ..very few thank goodness, horrible dot dash
ratios out there.. like the dashes were @ 25 wpm but the dots @ 40..tht is
SO HARD to copy.. STOP doing that!  On the flip side.. I think the speed
gurus are hoping for that 45 second opening to super-caledonia and the only
way they will make the q is 100% copy & one exchange @ 38 WPM.

-Steve Raas
N2JDQ

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK