Re: Topband: Nice QRPP QSO

To: "TOPBAND" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Nice QRPP QSO
From: "GeorgeWallner" <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 21:24:15 -0500
>On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 15:12:59 -0500
>Ken <wa8jxm@gmail.com> wrote:
> QRP may be fun for the QRP station but it's often a PITA
>for the station on the other end.

Hear, hear,

That is the strangest part of it: in most contest (except
the Stew Perry) all the credit goes to the QRP station,
while the hard work is done at the other end. Calling with
1 kW takes the same effort as with 5 watts.

I often work QRP (SM6CPY just this Saturday night) and I
know that the hard work is done by the receiving station.
But when conditions are poor, I turn on the PA. It makes
life easier.

BTW, I was QRP in the 160 m ARRL contest and I was very
pleasantly surprised by the large percentage of stations
that were able to copy me. TKS guys!

73,

George, AA7JV
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK