Re: Topband: Crazy RX antenna Question

To: "Steven Raas" <sjraas@gmail.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Crazy RX antenna Question
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 11:11:30 -0500
You will never know without trying.

For starters Id suggest a transformer connection to reduce common mode and
coax to the house with a floating ground and beads. For a ground on the CATV
side try a rod and als the CATV ground, pick what works best. A 259B may be
of some help in transformer testing.

At the house use a tuner and/or tuneable preselector as the 940 is fussy
about input impedance as Ive found out decades ago....I still have a pair.

Carl
KM1H